Are you scared of the ticks and fleas on your dog? These creatures carry different types of dangerous diseases. These diseases include ehrlichiosis, Lyme disease, and rocky mountain spotted fever, among others. It’s good you get the best tick and flea preventative treatment. You will protect your pet from the potential danger and discomfort of ticks and fleas.
The K9 Advantix II treatment is among the famous topical treatments in the market. The treatment is effective on lice, mites, ticks, and fleas.
The ointment protects a dog for 30 days against these insects. It’s safe for all dogs, including puppies aged seven weeks and above. Pregnant dogs and even nursing dogs can use it.
- Producer: Bayer Animal Health
- Species: Dog
- Treatment: Topical
- Breed: All breeds
- Weight: Above 4 pounds
- Age: Above seven weeks
- Duration: 1 month per single dose.
- Country: Germany
- Effective against: flea eggs, fleas, flea larvae, lice, ticks, mosquitoes, mites, and ticks.
K9 Advantix II has three main ingredients that make this product efficient. They enable it to fight different types of insects and parasites. They include permethrin, pyriproxyfen, and imidacloprid.
It’s a famous insecticide that aims at the nervous system of ticks, fleas, and other insects. It’s found in garden and lawn pesticides. Industrial pest control products and home treatments also have it.
It affects the nervous system of pests and insects. It gets rid of insects when they consume or get into physical contact with it.
Works against growing larvae and unhatched flea eggs. Without this crucial ingredient, then K9 Advantix II will work on mature fleas alone.
K9 Advantix II Adverse Reactions
The K9 Advantix II treatment has side effects like other treatments. The common side effects of this treatment are skin irritation, dryness, and redness.
They are common in areas of application. Few dogs will experience allergic reactions to the product and its components. If you spot any allergic reaction, stop using the treatments immediately.
The side effects are merely skin deep, but a few dogs can get diarrhea or vomit after application. Serious adverse effects surface when you overdose.
Avoid direct contact with the serum during and immediately after application. The application site should be out of reach of children and cats for 24 hours after application.
Why do you need to have K9 Advantix II?
The following are the reasons why you should go for this product.
- Easy application
The product is in a miniature pipette used in the application. You need to part the dog’s fur on the spine to allow the drops to reach the skin.
- Outer layer protection
Active ingredients released on the dog skin spread to the whole body parts. They never get into the bloodstream but provide outside protection for a longer time.
- It affects the whole life cycle
Serum produced on the dog kills tick and fleas in all development stages. It knocks down full-grown ticks and fleas, and even eggs.
The K9 Advantix II treatment works within 12 hours. After these hours, a dog should stop scratching. All ticks and fleas die within this period of 12 hours. The product also has many positive reviews from different customers who have used it. From the reviews, it’s evident it has very minimal side effects.
- Protects against ticks, fleas, and many other pests.
- Repels mosquitoes.
- The serum produced withstands sunlight and water for a long time.
- It’s odorless and dries between 2 to 3 hours.
- It’s a pet’s favorite and, thus, no biting.
- Very gentle on dogs and has few side effects.
- No need for a prescription.
- Easy to apply.
- Effective for all dog breeds.
- Works on all dogs above seven weeks old.
- The skin of small dogs can get burned.
- After application, dogs can become lethargic.
- It’s expensive.
- Needs every month reapplication.
- Not effective on a wooded area of the body.
- Toxic to children and cats.
- It can cause skin irritations.
K9 Advantix II vs. Frontline Plus Tick and Flea Control
Frontline and Advantix are two famous and competitive products in the market. They work similarly, but the only difference comes in the active ingredients
K9 Advantix II uses permethrin and imidacloprid, while Frontline uses fipronil. Research shows that Fipronil and Imidacloprid are effective. Imidacloprid has a faster knockdown rate that makes K9 Advantix II the best option.
Frontline is available in a three-month supply at half the cost of K9 Advantix II. The Advantix comes in a six-month supply.
Despite the higher cost of the K9 Advantix II treatment, it stands out to be the best between the two.
K9 Advantix II Brands
There are different brands of this treatment based on the age and weight of the dog.
Bayer K9 Advantix II for Dogs
- Size: six applications
- Item Package quantity: 1
- Brand: Bayer animal health.
- Item: 0.13 pounds
- Age: Large dogs 21-55
- Item volume: 9 millilitres
It’s a one month topical flea treatment for your dog. It also works against mosquitoes. You don’t need a prescription when using this US EPA approved product.
The Bayer K9 Advantix II kills about 98 to 100% of fleas within 12 hours after application. The protection goes on for four to six weeks.
It’s safe for dogs aged seven weeks and above. The product is also safe on dogs that weigh between 21 to 55 pounds. It’s resistant to water. You apply it six times for six months. It’s advisable to read all the label information on delivery.
K9 Advantix II Flea and Tick Prevention
- Size: six pack
- Brand: K9 advantix.
- Style: Extra large dogs only.
- Age: All life stages
- Item Form: Drops
- Weight: 0.1 pounds
- Volume: 24 ml
- Active ingredients: Permethrin
You will apply this treatment once every month for six months on extra large dogs that weigh over 55 pounds and above. The treatment works on contact . The mosquitoes and fleas don’t have to bite your dog to die.
The application process of K9 advantix is easy. It starts to kill fleas within 12 hours after application and provides protection for 30 days even after a bath or swimming. It’s a suitable and effective year round tick and flea treatment for extra large dogs.
Bundle: K9 Advantix II Tick and Flea Spot Treatment
- It has convenient application methods as a topical solution and crushable tablets.
- It ends the problem completely by killing all the pests and preventing the pests’ reinfection.
- It has a broad spectrum with veterinarian recommendation treatment for killing and repelling ticks, mosquitoes and fleas on dogs aged seven weeks with a weight of above 55 pounds. The tablets of this treatment can treat dogs for at least four weeks.
- The crafting of this K9 advantix Bayer is from the common and trusted brands.
- It kills the pests within 12 hours after initial application.
Anything can happen to your dog anywhere. The K9 Advantix II Tick and Flea Spot Treatment helps you recover from any problem faster. you will use simple application methods while using this product. The product is ideal for dogs above seven weeks old and those weighing over 55 pounds.
The design of this Advantix II enables it to kill fleas or tapeworms, flies and lice. The product attacks these problems headon and will prevent reinfestation with their crafted formulas.
K9 Advantix II Tick & Flea Treatment
- Item number: 155594
- Lifestage: puppy, adult and senior dogs.
- Usage: prevention
- Breed size: small and medium breeds.
- Health condition: ticks and fleas.
- Product form: solution.
You need to protect your dog from potential dangerous diseases and pets by using this K9 advantix II Treatment for large dogs. It has a broad spectrum with veterinary recommendations to kill and repel ticks, mosquitoes and fleas on contact.
The pets don’t have to bite your dog for the treatment to work against them. The treatment kills the pests at all life stages and also repels biting flies. It has a waterproof formula for puppies and dogs aged seven weeks and above weighing between 21 and 55 pounds. The treatment works for weeks even after a dog takes a bath or goes to swim.
- The treatment has a broad spectrum with veterinarian recommendation to kill and repel ticks, mosquitoes and fleas on dogs aged seven weeks and weighing between 21and 55 pounds.
- The treatments start to work between the initial 12 hours of application and kill the pests upon contact.
- The treatment kills fleas at lll life stages. It also kills lice and prevents biting flies.
- It has a waterproof formula that works for weeks even after a dog swimming or bathing.
- It’s convenient with monthly topical applications that have permethrin, pyriproxyfen and imidacloprid. It’s available in packs of 2, 4 and 6 treatments.
Puppies and dogs between 4 to 10lbs use the K9 Advantix II Small Dog treatment. It works against ticks and fleas. The K9 Advantix II large dog is for dogs that weigh between 11 and 20lbs.
Extra Large dogs
Extra Large dogs between 21 to 55lbs use the K9 Advantix II extra large dog spot treatment for ticks and fleas. It’s effective in small-size and medium-size breeds.
Extra Large dogs
Large dog breeds that are over 55lbs use the Bayer K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog. It’s a spot treatment for ticks and fleas. It has Bayer tapeworm and dog dewormer.
K9 Advantix Precautions
Keep the treatment out of children and don’t use it on cats and other small mammals. Your dog shouldn’t get wet in any way. It shouldn’t bathe or swim until after 24 hours from the time of application. Store the product away from direct sunlight at room temperature. It doesn’t expire.
The treatment lasts for 30 days only. You have to reapply, or else the parasites will surface again. In case you want to combine it with any other medication, consult your veterinary officer.
K9 Advantix II treatment is a perfect one for your dog. It will protect your dog against parasites and insects for 30 days. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to reduce risks.