Is your pet suffering from phobia, fear, or any other type of anxiety? It’s a common phenomenon for dogs to have anxiety issues. Fifty percent of dogs fear fireworks, while 15 percent encounter separation anxiety. You need to help your pet to calm down. Many products are available that relieve anxiety and stress.
In this writing, you will find the best calming aid for dogs to help manage anxiety, fear, and stress.
Compare 10 Best Calming Aid For Dogs Review
1. Pet Honesty Hemp Anxiety and Hyperactivity Soft Dog Supplements
These dog calming aids will keep your pet collected and calm. The supplement has a chicken wag-worthy natural flavor. It also has oil, ginger, chamomile, valerian root, and organic hemp powder.
They work to relax your dog during thunderstorms, separation anxiety, and veterinary visits. They are suitable for dogs with discontentment, nervousness, environmentally induced stress, and hyperactivity.
They are free from GMOs, corn, soy, wheat, and preservatives.
Benefits of Pet Honesty Hemp
- The pet hemp takes between 30 to 45 minutes to reduce hypersensitivity. The same happens for anxiety and stress.
- It has natural herbal components like chamomile and organic hemp powder.
- Doesn’t have drugs, drowsy, or sedatives side effects.
- Keeps your dog calm when you visit a vet or during car rides, separation, and thunderstorms.
- Registered by FDA and certified by GMP in the USA. It’s natural without GMOs, corn, wheat, soy, or any preservative.
- It has a natural flavor.
2. Best Friends, The Original Calming Shag Fur Donut Dog Cuddler
Give your pet a restful sleep with this luxury self-heating bed. The product’s round design offers a protective atmosphere. The bolstered edge provides orthopedic support and also works as a headrest.
It has a layer of insulation that gives heat from the dog’s body heat. You can wash the product with a machine, and it’s safe for a dryer. The soft faux shag material will keep your pet calm, comfortable, and cozy.
Benefits of calming fur donut cuddler
- It keeps your pet cozy and warm on cold days. The water-resistant nylon at the bottom keeps the floor safe when an accident occurs.
- The extra filling relieves muscle and joint pains. The round shape suits pets that like to snuggle and curl up more often
- The raised edges are suitable for burrowing and give extra support. They also work as comfortable headrests.
- You can wash this orthopedic dog bed with a machine. It’s also dryer-safe convenience for all pet parents.
- The product has three sizes and two colors where you pick any that suits you.
3. Zesty Paws OraStix Peppermint Dog Supplement
Do you want to keep your dog on its best behavior? These dog anxiety aids have melatonin, Hemp Seed, and Sun theanine. They help dogs overcome environmental stress, hyperactivity, and tension.
Each stick has valerian root, magnesium citrate, and chamomile to support calming.
The premium sticks are the healthy teeth and gum complex. They have peppermint oil and rosemary extract, and kelp to aid fidos chompers. The best advantage of these sticks is that they have a delicious taste.
They enable pets to maintain composure and feel relaxed in stressful situations. These conditions include thunderstorms, fireworks, separations, travel, and car rides.
Benefits of Zesty Paws Orastix Peppermint Supplement
- These premium sticks have components that aid the nervous, hyperactive, or tense dogs. As a result, your pet will relax and stay calm.
- Every stick has Sun theanine, a clinically studied type of L-Theanine. It promotes calmness and relaxation for your dog.
- It has sensoril Ashwagandha to boost clarity and focus.
- Your dog should kick up its paws and relax after a tedious day. These calm sticks will make your dog love overcoming their struggles.
- The product features a proprietary health and gum complex. It has peppermint oil, rosemary extraction, kelp to aid normal periodontal health.
4. Purina Pro Veterinary calming care Dog Treatment
Help your dog to stay calm with this pro-plan diet supplement. It’s a six-week supplement that has beneficial bacteria called BL999. It keeps dogs quiet in stressful situations, including separation, thunderstorms, and veterinary trips.
The product has a unique formula by Purina researchers, veterinarians, and nutritionists. The supplements are portable and promote a positive emotional state among dogs.
Benefits of the Purina Pro Veterinary Calming Care Dog Treatment
- It has a probiotic strain known as BL999 to help your dog to stay calm.
- It’s a perfect option for dogs that show anxious behaviors. For example, pacing, barking, spinning, and jumping.
- It helps dogs to cope up with all external stressors.
- It will help you to have a cheerful heart activity when you get stressed.
- It promotes a positive and healthy immune system with positive emotions.
5. Adaptil On-The-Go Collar for A Dog
The design of this product gets activated by body heat. It releases a continuous calming pheromone that makes dogs ease in stress-triggering situations.
It’s an alternative to supplements or drug use. The collar has clinical approval to be efficient and great recommendations from veterinarians.
It would help if you kept these dog calming collars in contact with the pet skin all the time for one month.
Benefits of adaptil on-the-go collar
- Body heat activates it to emit a calming pheromone when inside or outside the house.
- Works well for pet adoption, training, puppy socialization, crating, kenneling, traveling, or boarding.
- It helps dogs in separation anxiety, fireworks, thunderstorm, and all stress-triggering situations.
- It fits puppies or small dogs with 14.7 inches necks and large or medium dogs with 24.6 inches necks.
- It gives continuous protection of up to one month.
- Don’t use on dogs having neck area skin lesions.
- Never fix a leash to this collar.
6. Zesty Paws Calming Bites Anxiety and Stress Peanut Butter Supplement
These chewable premiums bites help a dog with everyday stress, hyperactivity, and nervousness.
The supplement has Sun theanine which is an advanced type of L-Theanine.
It also has the Sensoril Ashwagandha. The two components help support calmness, focus, relaxation, and pet clarity.
The supplement has a delicious taste that will aid a dog in having a great feeling and composure.
It helps dogs during thunderstorms, fireworks, separation, travel, and car rides.
- Help dogs with nervousness, everyday stress, and hyperactivity to aid them to be calm. The pet will be happy and comfy.
- Each dog chew has Sun theanine. It’s a super-premium type of L-Theanine that promotes pet calmness and relaxation sense.
- Each chew has Ashwagandha that promotes clarity, focus, and calm relaxation.
- These dog calming apparel offers support to nervous dogs. It’s also ideal for regular stress and hyperactive behaviors.
- The supplement has excellent and valuable ingredients. They include valerian root, organic passionflower, and organic Hemp seed powder.
- The organic ginger root, L-Tryptophan, and Magnesium Citrate are also in it.
7. Pet Natural Dog Chews
The design of natural dog chews is to support the overall dog wellness of any age, size, and breed. They help a dog to relax and change its personality. They help a pet that is under high stress like veterinary trips and thunderstorms.
They are veterinary formulated and delicious with ingredients that support natural calm behavior.
- Vitamin B and L-Theamine boost the chews to balance behavior. It also promotes a calming effect.
- Naturally calms a dog without drowsiness effect.
- Perfect for high-stress situations like thunderstorms.
- Veterinary formulated and natural delicious to promote pet health.
- The colostrum calming complex supports cognitive functions and controls everyday stress.
8. Natural Vet Hemp Moments Plus Dog Chews
It’s a unique supplement to help your pet in stressful situations. The ginger supports the sensitive tummy of a pet while traveling.
Natural Vet Hemp has L-Tryptophan, hemp seed oil and powder, and soothing melatonin.
They help to reduce tension and stress. The chews are perfect when bringing a new dog at home and during veterinary visits. It also perfects for grooming times.
- Item number 150355
- Lifestyle: adult
- Breed size; small, medium, and large breeds
- Food Form: Supplement
- Product Form: Soft Chew
- The chews are vet-formulated supplements that have chamomile, L-Tryptophan, and Thiamine. The hemp seed and melatonin are also present.
- The ginger added helps sensitive stomachs while traveling.
- They reduce tension and stress from separation anxiety and boarding, among others.
- It’s perfect for calming a pet during storms, fireworks, and grooming. It also reduces mobility after surgery.
- The soft chews are easy to give a pet a treat.
- Use in dogs above 12 weeks.
- Stop administering the product if your pet doesn’t improve or worsens the state.
9. Thunder Shirt Anxiety Vests for Dogs
The product has a perfect calming effect on dogs. It works for dogs in anxious, overexcited, or fearful states. A dog can stay calm in and comfortable in frightening situations.
- Item number 56056
- Life stage; Adult
- Breed size: small, extra small, medium, large, and giant breeds.
- Easy and Comfortable to put on and off. The material is breathable, durable soft fabric that you can wash.
- It works on more than 80 percent of dogs.
- Veterinarians and trainers recommend it for reducing stress-related behaviors. They include excessive barking and jumping.
- Calms pets help during the thunder, fireworks, veterinary visits, travels, and grooming.
- The patent design gives a gentle and constant pressure to calm a dog’s anxiety. Thus, it tackles over-excitement and fear.
10. Rescue stress relief supplement
It’s a homeopathic alcohol-free natural solution and safe stress reliever recommended by veterinarians. It works well for dogs that fear thunderstorms, grooming, or fireworks.It’s helpful to pets after a distressing event like anxiety, moving, or separation.
It has a total of five remedies like rock rose, impatiens, Star of Bethlehem, cherry plum, and clematis. It’s easy to administer the supplement by adding a few drops using a dropper in the dog’s water.
- Item number 108097
- Weight: 5.2 ounces
- Life stage: puppy, adult, and senior
- Breed size: all breeds, including small, medium, and large breeds.
- Food form: supplement
- Product form: liquid
- It’s a famous, safe, and natural stress relief. It has a recommendation from veterinarians and veterinarians.
- It’s a homeopathic, alcohol-free, and non-habit-forming solution. It’s easy to use and calms dogs during stressful situations.
- Perfect for dogs that fear fireworks, thunderstorms, vet visits, or grooming.
- Important for pets after distressing events like separation anxiety, getting lost, or movements.
- It has a great combination of five flower remedies. They are rock rose, star of Bethlehem, impatiens, clematis, and cherry plum.
Take time and search for the best calming aid for dogs to treat anxiety of your pet. The above ten products will give you a great opportunity to get the best product to use.
What do you look for in a calming treat for dogs?
There are many calming treats for dogs in the market that can make it hard to choose the best calming aid for dogs. Check out these essential things in any calming treat that you want to buy.
The product packaging aims at attracting the client to persuade him or her to buy the product. Colorful color labels and attractive packaging shouldn’t deceive you. The packaging should have a complete comprehensive ingredient list. You need to ignore the colors completely.
They are very vital in any calming treat. Check for these ingredients in your treats:
- Chamomile flower
- Ginger root
- Valerian root
- Hemp (CBD oil)
Melatonin and hemp oil are the only proven effective ingredients.Some dogs will react to the other four elements making them not vital in your treat.
Most dog owners prefer treats with Hemp oil.
It’s rare for a dog to use calming dog treats that lack an appetizing smell and a good taste. Buy a smaller package to test if your dog will love it before buying a big box. Taste and smell are significant as they decide whether the dog will eat them or not.
Make sure you identify the type of anxiety affecting your dog before buying a calm treat. When you understand the stress type, it’s easy to pick the best calming aid for dogs.
Calming product type
There are many dog calming chews available and in different forms. They include chews, tinctures, and tablets. Some are for long-term and others short term use. Some are perfect before the stressor, while others after the stressor. There are also jackets, wraps, sprays, and plug-in dog calming diffusers that can calm your pet.
The calming products differ in prices. Get the one that meets your budget needs.
Will calming dog treats cure a dog’s anxiety or nervousness?
TCalming treats don’t offer a complete cure for fear, nervousness, or anxiety. These dog stress aids will help your pet to cope up with the stressors.
Should you use a calming dog treat after visiting a vet?
If a dog has severe anxiety, it’s advisable to see a vet who will tell you the best dog anxiety medications you can use on your dog.
How will you tell your dog needs calming treats?
Watch your pets’ behavioral changes and find out their anxiety levels change. A vet officer can also help to know when your dog needs these dog anxiety supplements.
What is the recommended age for a dog calming treat?
Dog calming treats work on any dog breed of any age. Check the specifications on the package to note the exact age for a specific age target.
What are the symptoms of anxiety in dogs?
Dogs defecate or urinate in the house, aggression, panting, drooling, and destructive behavior.
Some dogs display excessive barking, depression, restlessness, pacing, and repetitive behaviors.
How long do calming treats last?
The duration fluctuates depending on the active ingredients and the brand. How the dog metabolizes them will also affect the time. The period is always stated on the specifications list of the product.